Monday, September 15, 2014

4 Month Postpartum / Baby Update!

IMG_2992

Body
It turns out that my thyroid levels were off (underactive) so now that I'm taking some meds to moderate them, HOPEFULLY I'll start losing a bit of weight. I'm trying to eat paleo as much as I can (no sugar/wheat/dairy - as we found out this month that James has a cow's milk protein allergy which is why he was having all those gas pains - poor bugger). My stretch marks have finally faded too and my c-section scar is looking better as well (although it's still pink and numb). 

.

Height/Weight
He's such a big boy now! He weighs 7kg (15.4lbs) so he's put on 0.7kgs/1.5lbs this month. He's also had a growth spurt and is now 64.5cms tall. 

Routine
James' sleep pattern this month has been all over the place! Some nights he'll sleep straight through to 6am and other nights he'll be waking every few hours. He's also stopped taking the bottle again (damn it). At the moment we're trying to transition out the split feed at bath time and get him to sleep consistently until 6am.

7am
James Wakes, Rob spends time with him while getting ready for work (I sleep in a little longer)
8am
Wakeup, Feed James, Have Breakfast, Rob goes to work
9am
James Naps, Do Laundry & Housework
9.45am
Workout (blogilates!) and Tummy Time/Play Gym for James
11am
Feed James, Have a Shower and Get Ready
12pm
James Naps, Have Lunch, Blog/Relax/Go out
2.15pm
Feed, Play with James (Tummy Time, Reading, Super-man etc)
4pm
Go for a walk with James (he naps for around 15-20 mins)
5pm
Rob gets home from work and plays with James while I relax
5.45pm
Bathtime 
6pm
Feed James, Cook Dinner
7pm
James Sleeps, Have Dinner, Relax (watch TV)
10.30pm
Feed James. James Sleeps. 
When James wakes (approx 6am)
Feed James, James Sleeps

.

Sleeping
As I mentioned above, his sleeping pattern hasn't been great. I really hope it goes back to normal soon. Thankfully his daytime naps have stayed the same.

Eating/Feeding
Still exclusively breastfeeding. He hasn't shown any interest in our food yet, when he does I'll start thinking about introducing solids. 

.
Sizes
He's still in size 00 (3-6 months) but has gone up to size "crawler" in the disposable nappies.

Milestones
James is such a character, I see more and more of his personality shining through each day. He definitely craves a lot more attention these days. I spend my days trying to make him smile and laugh, I've discovered that his ticklish under his chin hehehe. This month there's been lots of teething, drooling & gnawing on hands/teething toys/anything he can grab. James' neck support is so much better, he loves Tummy Time now and can hold his head up for longer stretches. He also loves doing push-ups off my chest and looking around at the world. He's even discovered how to roll-over.. I'm one proud mumma! 

xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you are both looking fabulous! Glad little James is on a routine and doing so well.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise ! Thank you for your comment on my blog.
    And this little one is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, he is adorable! Such a handsome little man! I hope that he gets better with his night sleeps for you! It's not easy being so perky for baby during the day when they've had you up so often at night!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...